How to redeem
Watch a quick video on how to redeem your funds on CSB Online Services.
You can redeem your funds online at any time before they reach maturity in November 2021. To redeem them:
- Log in to CSB Online Services and select Redemption from the left navigation menu.
- From the Redemption screen, select the Plan from which you want to redeem.
- Choose the bond series to redeem and enter the amount in that row.
The minimum redemption amount is $100 or the entire balance of a series, whichever is less.
- Select Continue.
- Review your redemption request.
- Select Confirm.
When your bonds reach maturity
As each bond series matures, the funds (principal and interest) for the matured series is automatically paid out to the registered plan owner(s) by cheque or direct deposit, according to your account information.
All funds in your plan will automatically be paid out to you in November 2021 when the remaining bonds reach maturity. Once all the funds in your plan have been redeemed or paid out at maturity (e.g., plan balance $0), your plan will be closed.
Access to funds
- Up to 4 business days if you are set up for Direct Deposit.
- 7 to 10 business days if a cheque is mailed.
Joint Plans / Third-Party Plans
- If funds are held in a Joint Plan, a cheque will be issued in both plan owners’ names, in which case both signatures will be required to cash in the cheque, or funds can be deposited directly in a bank account that is held in both owners’ names.
- If funds are held in a Third-Party Plan, only the registered owner, not the contributor, has access to the funds.