Report lost, stolen or destroyed bonds
Report a lost, stolen or destroyed certificated CSB and CPB by contacting Customer Service. You will need:
- Your Customer ID
- Your address at the time of purchase
- The bond certificate serial number(s) - if available
- The exact name of the registered owner as it appears on the certificate
If the owner is under the age of maturity (18 years old), the parent or legal guardian must speak with a Customer Service representative.
All bond owners must speak with a Customer Service representative. If the owner is under the age of maturity (18 years old), the parent or legal guardian must speak with a Customer Service representative.
Notify your local police department, which will provide you with a report number. This number is necessary when contacting Customer Service.
The following replacement fees are charged to guarantee the value of the lost bond, as determined by HUB International.
|Total Certificate(s) Value||Total Premium Rate Amount|
$ 100.00 - $1,000.00
$1,000.01 - $3,500.00
$3,500.01 - $100,000.00
2% of Total Amount
Example 1: Total Amount of the Certificate(s) = $2,140.25
Total Premium Payable to HUB International = $65.00
Example 2: Total Amount of the Certificates = $45,614.30
Total Premium Payable to HUB International is $45,614.30 x 2% = $912.28
Note: In addition to the premium rates above, a Retail Sales Tax (RST) may be applicable in certain provinces.
If you own certificate(s) where the total amount exceeds $100,000, or if you reside outside of Canada, Hub International will assist you in finding a surety/bonding company that will provide surety services. The premium fees may differ in these cases.
In order to replace your bond certificate(s), follow these steps:
- Fill out the Bond of Indemnity form. It will be sent to you with instructions on how to submit it. The form will need to be completed by all bond owners and signed in the presence of a Commissioner (i.e., for taking affidavits) or a Notary Public (e.g., lawyer, Justice of the Peace, town clerk or city hall clerk).
- Mail the completed and signed Bond of Indemnity form and the replacement fee payment to: Hub International, 595 Bay Street, Suite 900, Toronto, ON M5G 2E3.
Allow 6 to 8 weeks from the time the documentation and the replacement fee payment has been received by HUB International for your replacement certificate(s) or payment to be issued.