The list below will help you carry out key activities in 2017.
April - June
- Have you shared information to employees about the recent Program changes? You can use the information contained in the Sample Employee Communication to draft your internal memo, newsletter or email to inform employees about the Program changes and what is means to them.
July - 31 October
- Determine the date of your organization’s final CSB payroll deduction (i.e. Last pay in October or earlier), and communicate this timing to your employees.
- Send all regular scheduled payroll contribution files to the Bank of Canada as per the normal procedure until then.
- Send your final payroll contribution file to the Bank of Canada prior to or by 31 October at 6 p.m. (ET). It is recommended that your organization’s final payroll contribution file be submitted prior to the deadline to allow sufficient time for corrections, if necessary.
- If your pay day falls on 31 October, you must ensure that payroll deductions are made and that your final payroll contribution file is submitted by 6 p.m. that day. No files or corrections will be accepted after this deadline.
It is important that your employees’ last payroll contributions are processed on or before 31 October 2017 at 6 p.m. (ET). Payroll contribution and correction files for deductions made after this date and time will not be accepted.
- Stop all employee CSB deductions from your payroll system as soon as you have submitted your final payroll contribution file to the Bank of Canada.
- Payroll contribution and correction files for deductions made after 6 p.m. (ET) on 31 October 2017 will not be accepted.
- The Payroll Resource Centre (PRC) will no longer be available after 6 p.m. (ET) on 31 October 2017.